Thursday, December 14, 2006

New Receiver!!!


Woohoo! Picked up a suh-weet receiver for the HT. So very nice. Thanks mom and dad for helping to cover some of the cost with the Christmas money.

But of course nothing can be easy - guess what? The receiver is 1.5" deeper than my previous receiver. No problem in standard rack/shelf systems. Unfortunately if you recall my system doesn't have much room to work with. So out with the reciprocating saw, jigsaw, pry bar, etc. to remove more wood studs. I installed a stud that was rotated to gain the extra depth. Nice.

Oh wait, there's more - if you've ever worked with HDMI cables, you'll find they are not very flexible. Well, due to the extra depth, I could not run my HDMI cables because they require more room in the back. Sheesh. Fortunately they make these right angle swivel adapters so I ordered two. Oh but wait, I needed three. Great. Ordered the third one, was more expensive a day later, and then was inadvertently shipped to Seattle. Doh!

I sure hope I can fit all this stuff back into that column base. Did I mention the new receiver is about 5/8" taller? That's going to require some fancy action too to get all three components to fit in there. Calgon take me away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home