Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tweaking sub so much I've got a headache

Sometimes I wonder what is better - having very few options and just dealing with what you've got or have tons of options and trying to get things poifect.

Well, having 12 frequencies to mess around with on a parametric EQ is just crazy stuff. I used the old manual technique to try to get my response flat (and then throw in a house curve - apparently this is nice for watching movies - note the downward slope from the 30-40hz range to about 100hz). We'll see.

The blue line on the graph is the subwoofer's response in the living room without equalization. The pink line is my attempt to get that flat/house curve style line. Close enough for me. Once again, this is no THX certified theater. Who knows, maybe someday I'll bring a computer down to the room and do the full on test with software et al. Or maybe not.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no one has comment here because not everyone knows what this graph is. I'd say you have some vswr/return loss issues at the upper edge of your band.

kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home