Friday, November 03, 2006

No more circa late 80's wet bar

Who uses a wet bar nowadays anyhow? Plus the faux marble is two words: UG LY. So I replaced it with this desk. Challenging job, as this was the first clear wood project I've done. No caulk to hide my hack job. But I'm really pleased with how it turned out, other than the color. I knew I shouldn't have trusted a Home Depot guy with two Masters degrees to help me choose the color. Oh well. Can't stain it either since the wood is sealed and the door panel inside the frame is a veneer. I did the top desk piece from scratch. The stain doesn't match perfectly - it's close though. Once again, the HD guy didn't know they had matching stain. I found this out obviously a bit too late. Jiminy Christmas.


Computer inside the lower left cabinet. I even installed a cooling fan inside the cabinet drawing the heat out. That's where I got the idea for the cooling fan for my home theater components. Works out nicely.

Used some leftover tiles and did the same backsplash as the kitchen. Figured why not? Also, put an undercab light in there for the halibut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home