Saturday, November 10, 2012

Master Bedroom remodel has begun!

Wow, has it been well over three years since I've done a project?  I did mix in an attempted bathroom remodel for a friend only to be fired since it was taking way too long.  I built some stuff for the gym but I guess otherwise I haven't been too busy with home projects.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  Oh I did add synthetic grass to the backyard.  Otherwise it has been pretty quiet.  Nice.

After 10 years, finally have gotten to the master bedroom.  Never really happy with the blue color of the room, so that was the start.  New paint.  Two tones of green - one very dark and then a lighter color so it isn't a total cave.  And I've always disliked the fireplace - looked so nasty and it was impossible really to find art to fit in the skinny opening above it.  So that was step 2 in the remodel.  Next will be the baseboard and then improve the lighting some and I think that will be it.  Big space, challenging lighting issues in there.

The fireplace turned out great.  Just waiting for my tile to arrive so I can do the surround and call it D-U-N!

Nasty original fireplace - they used construction adhesive to glue the tiles on.  Lovely.  Testing the paint colors...

Committed now...

Buh bye arch!

Mantel built, checking fit...

Mantel mounted!

Upper section complete and primed!  Fancy schmancy lower legs primed.

Upper section painted and mantel hit with textured fresco...

Glaze mixture applied to mantel just waiting for surround tile to arrive!  Cost when all is said and done is around $500.  The original quote I received for a pre-cast concrete mantel and surround was $3,300!

8 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous additions Mt. Lebanon said...

terrific!.great bedroom and i love the way you remodel it..i love the fireplace its pretty simple but classic..

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Federal Way Handyman said...

Wow! I am so glad to stop by your site and know more about bedroom remodeling. Keep it up!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Brookyln said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous top home builders said...

I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Pablo_cha98 said...

thanks this is good blog.
Property Management Near me

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Davidbean2 said...

I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
Property Management Companies Near Me

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Davidbean2 said...

Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
new housing developments in nj

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Davidbean2 said...

I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work!
tagline & slogan writers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home