Friday, December 26, 2008

Family Room Fireplace Neary Complete!!!

Well, after many delays, CX season, etc., I decided to get my butt in gear on this project. Oh, and maybe hosting Christmas at the house was some motivation too. But after many different thoughts on design and finishes, I'm at about 95% complete. Just a few small details to wrap up. Thanks to Bill B. for his thoughts on construction and my two colorists (Bonny and Jen) for helping me confirm that I will paint the mantle a different color... again. So without further adieu, here it is:

Travertine was my choice of stone for this fireplace. I will paint the mantle with a Ralph Lauren suede textured paint.


Side detail


Fire burning in the fireplace... or is it?


If you followed this blog, you will recall I was going to put the TV above the fireplace and drop it down via a lift...


Some of the initial framing and the TV on lift in place


Framing complete and plywood in place


So yes, a bit over the top, but I really like it and love the fact that I can hide the TV when not in use. I'm really pleased with how this turned out - this will be my last major remodel project for awhile so it was a nice one to end on (that is of course unless someone pays me a bunch of money to do something... ;) )

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger DCJ said...

i'm looking to do something similar and would love to see any plans or guides that you used...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home