Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Thank goodness. I'm ready to be done with this bad boy. The mantle turned out really great - that is one heavy sum beotch, weighing in at approximately 275 lbs. Thanks to Nick and Elvin for helping me bring that thing in the house.

The darker brown surrounding the insert actually isn't the true tile that I plan on putting there. It will be three thin slabs of concrete, but wanted to show you what it will look like when finished. The color here in blogger looks pretty bad actually, not sure why it does that. It doesn't look like that in the original I mocked up. Oh well, you get the idea. It's going to look a lot better when finished.

Anyhow, the hardest part of the project is D-U-N. Some caulking, one more skim coat on the wall, texture, and then paint and I can put this baby to bed. Yay! Then it's onto Alaina's bathroom. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home