Friday, September 08, 2006

Current Projector - Home Theater

Even though I don't watch a whole lot of TV and don't get to the movies much anymore, I've always been intrigued by having a home theater. And our living room gets virtually no use so I figured why not use it for a home theater?

Tracy wasn't too hot on the idea but gave me the okay as long as I came up with the money from sources other than salary and bonuses. Well, good thing the gigolo job has paid well. My secret stash of moolah would work perfectly. Actually, I had some stock options that weren't underwater and I was good to go. As my sis would say, "I'm such a capitalist." Someone needs to help out the economy. We do our share - how about you?

It's been like an early Christmas with all this electronic stuff being delivered to the door. Here is my setup:

* Panasonic PT-AE900U projector (native 720p)
* Elite Cinetension High Contrast Gray screen, 59"x105" (121" diagonal) - changed to the 106" diagonal - much easier on my eyes
* Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (already had, may upgrade in the future if necessary)
* Speakers - Speakercraft in-walls
* Subwoofer - Mach5 Audio 18" x 2 in an infinite baffle setup mounted in the crawl space.
* Sub amp - Behringer EP1500 amp to power the sub
* Parametric EQ for sub - Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP 1124P
* Toshiba HD-DVD player
* DirecTV HR20 - new HDTV receiver/DVR/satellite system
* Harmony 880 remote

It won't be a THX certified theater, but I think it will fit well for our needs. The room is hardly ideal for a home theater, so why go too crazy? (some people already think what I'm doing is a bit overkill).

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger maleonardphi said...

What, no Krell subwoofer!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger ginmtb said...

The infinite baffle subwoofers are supposed to be da chit. Plus a fraction of the cost of that thing.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger L. Christmas said...

Nice projector pic dude.. Great contrast on that thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home